Before You Visit the Bear Cave
Read Noteworthy Information.
On account of the fact that this special place is a nature reserve and must be protected, the number of both daily and annual of visitors is limited. Therefore, entry to the Bear Cave in Kletno can only be guaranteed by early ticket purchase or booking.
Before the arrival, please read the list of enforced regulations.
The temperature in the cave is constant at about 6oC. The humidity is about 100%.
Visiting with Children
- Children up to three years old are offered free entrance and are not counted as a member of the group (max. 15 people).
- Booking or ticket purchase does not refer to children up to three years old.
- It is not allowed to visit the cave with a stroller or a framed carrier backpack. Children must be carried only in a soft front-carrier.
- Strollers can be safely stored at the luggage deposit.
- Although the cave regulations do not prohibit entering the cave with small children, you should think carefully on your decision.
- Some children may not be able to easily endure such a divergent environment.
- There are dozens of stairs to climb up and down in the cave.
- There are some special lighting effects projected onto the cave's wall synchronized with music, so children will be exposed to light and sound stimuli.
Bringing dogs or other animals into the cave is strictly prohibited, regardless of the size, breed, etc. Unfortunately, there is no suitable location near the cave to safely leave your pet.
How to Get to the Bear Cave?
The Bear Cave
57-550 Stronie Śląskie, Poland
Phone: +48 748 141 250
Booking or Ticket Purchase Options
The Bear Cave is open from 9.00 a.m. to 4.40 p.m., except Mondays and Thursdays. The ticket office is open until 4.30 p.m.
*From May till August, the cave is also open on Thursdays.
Booking or Ticket Purchase Options
Phone booking: +48 748 141 250 (available 7.00 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
Price List (link)
Visitors without a ticket and visitors late for a scheduled tour may be denied entry to the cave.
Booked tickets should be collected at the ticket office 15 min before the scheduled entry time.
Payment for tickets at the ticket office can be made by cash or credit card.
There are two large car parks in Kletno. The highest parking lot, located near the traffic ban road sign, serves the Bear Cave. The distance between the car park and the cave is about 1.5 km.
The parking lots are spacious, so finding space for a vehicle is usually not a problem.
Walking time from the car park to the cave is approx. 30 minutes.
Only the highest located Bear Cave Car Park offers cash or credit card payments.
The fee (with no time limit) is collected at the car park entrance gate.
Drivers attempting to reach the cave by private car without a pass or permits are threatened with a fine of 1500 PLN and penalty points.
Our cave's employee car park is wheelchair accessible for all visitors having a valid parking card. It is located beneath the entrance pavilion. Wheelchair users start their tour on the square in front of the entrance pavilion.
Finally, please report the willingness to visit the cave by a handicapped person at the cave ticket office and buy tickets ahead of time (both wheelchair users and their assistant are entitled to a discounted ticket). The cave staff will assist while organizing entrance to the cave.
The route for handicapped visitors begins in the Exit Airlock. Then, passing a specially prepared connector within the cave, a wheelchair user joins the group in a spot called 'The Bivouac'.
The tour lasts about 40 minutes. It is recommended to wear warm clothes.
Please note that your wheelchair should not be wider than 78 cm. If it is wider than 78 this, please ask the cave staff for a narrower wheelchair that can be borrowed at no cost.